Start your CR-1 Visa for your Thai fiancée in Thailand. When a US citizen marries a foreign fiancée in the USA or in Thailand, the foreign fiancée goes back to their country; the US citizen applies to the Service Center for an I-130 spousal visa petition.

When the US citizen receives the notice of receipt from the service center for the I-130 petition, the US citizen files an I-129F petition to their Processing Center (In either California or Vermont depending upon petitioner's location) for a CR-1 visa. The Processing Center sends this to the National Visa Center, and after approval, it is forwarded to the foreign US consulate.

The processing time at the USCIS and NVC usually takes more time for the CR-1 than for either of the K Visas. The reason for this: the CR-1 is an immigrant visa and the NVC will scrutinize the Beneficiary of a CR-1 more than for the K visas because the K visa holder must adjust status at a later date. The upside of this: the CR-1 visa holder gets to enter the US as a conditional permanent resident and does not need to change status once in the US.


The CR-1 visa is specifically intended for use by US citizens who are sponsoring their foreign national spouse for immigration. Unlike the K-3 visa, the CR-1 is an "immigrant" visa, meaning that receipt of a CR-1 visa results in the spouse becoming a legal permanent resident immediately upon their arrival in the US However, being a permanent resident is "conditional", for the first two years that a couple is married. 90 days prior to the 2nd anniversary of attainment of conditional resident status, the US citizen and his foreign national spouse should file to have the "conditional" status lifted.

CR-1 holders can also bring their unmarried children who are under 21 along using a derivative visa of the CR-1 (however, please note that ordinarily it will be necessary for the US citizen to file separate I-130 petitions for those minor children at some point in order for them to become legal permanent residents).


The CR-1 visa application process allows an American citizen to sponsor their foreign born spouse for permanent residency. The “CR” of CR-1 stands for “Conditional Resident.” If you and your spouse have been married for less than 2 years, you can apply for a CR-1 visa.

Your spouse will be a “conditional permanent resident” for two years. At of the end of the two years you must file another petition to remove the conditions and your spouse will become a permanent resident.

If your spouse is a Thai citizen or if you got married in Thailand, your spouse will apply for the CR-1 visa from Thailand. The application process takes approximately six months to a year from start to finish. Once the visa is approved, your spouse can enter the United States and is free to work or study. The green card will arrive in the mail after a few months.


The CR-1 visa application process begins with Form I-130 or “Petition for an Alien Relative.” Send the I-130 petition and supporting documents to the U.S. Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) Lockbox in Chicago for processing. Or if you are living in Thailand, you may file the I-130 at the USCIS with the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. Make sure you keep copies of all the documents you send with the I-130 because you will need them later in the visa application process. When USCIS receives your I-130 they will send you Form I-797 as a receipt.

Once USCIS approves your I-130 petition it will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further processing. The NVC will send you an instruction packet with visa application forms. Follow the instructions carefully. You will have to file a Form I-864 Affidavit of Support to prove that your spouse will not need government support.

When your application is complete, the NVC will schedule an interview at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. Before the interview your spouse must complete a medical examination, which can be conducted at designated locations in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

The last step is an interview with a visa officer at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. The visa officer will review the documentation, ensure that your spouse is eligible for a visa, and attempt to confirm that the marriage is sincere. If the visa is approved, it should be available about two business days after the interview.





from start to finish
$ 3,210 in total
  • Consultation
  • Contact with spouse
  • Preparation of USCIS petition
  • Collection of data from spouse
  • Supporting document advice
  • Filing of USCIS petition
  • Monitoring USCIS petition
  • Client updates
  • Embassy forms preparation
  • Contact with US Embassy
  • Police clearance report assistance
  • Medical examination assistance
  • Embassy interview preparation
Note: Government fees are not included in the package (Subject to Change). This chart lists USCIS' fees effective December 23, 2016. Applications and petitions postmarked or filed on or after December 23, 2016, must include these new fees or USCIS will reject your submission.

1. US Department of Homeland Security fee = $535
2. Immigrant visa application processing = $325
3. Affidavit of Support review fee = $120
4.USCIS Green Card Fee = $220
5. Medical examination and vaccinations = 10,000 THB (estimated)
6. Police Clearance Expedited Fee = 2,000 THB (optional only)
" My wife from Thailand and I were married in January 2021, and we used Siam Legal to help us with the Immigration process via a CR1 Visa to get my wife to the United States. The Siam Legal Team was very good throughout the entire process and always answered all questions and instructed us what we needed to complete which made the entire difficult process with USCIS and the State Department much more manageable. I highly recommend using this team if you are in need of assistance for spousal immigration to the United States! "
Our Cilent
" Mintra and US teams is the best working with all teams my wife visa and my baby passport everything they’re doing great the best service "
lal boy
Our Cilent
"We are very happy to report that hiring Siam and having Ken Graham and his team was a great success. We chose to get the CR-1 U.S.A. immigration visa for my wife. This process is quite complicated and having this team on your side is a really good idea. Thank you Ken and Sea for all your help. Pimchaya wants to say Sea is really polite and very helpful. Thanks again for everything"
Wb C
Our Cilent
" Khun Sea helped my wife get her USA 10 year visa. She was most helpful, responsive, and professional through the entire process. I would strongly recommend Khun Sea and Siam Legal if you seek assistance acquiring a visa. "
Morgan Lake
Our Cilent



The easiest way to get you CR-1 Visa